243 West Outer Rd Eolia, MO 63344

info@magruderconstruction.com
573 485 2161

Our History


Now 100% Employee Owned

Warren B. Magruder started this company almost 60 years ago, back in 1956, when he purchased a bulldozer and began doing custom work in Pike County and Lincoln County (Missouri). Warren ran the bulldozer while his wife, Mary Margery “Nonnie” Magruder, served as secretary and bookkeeper. Magruder Construction Co. grew and in 1962, was awarded its first state highway contract. Today, the company does work throughout the U.S., including a considerable amount of state and federal work.

In 1970, Magruder Construction Co. incorporated, with Warren serving as president and Nonnie serving as secretary-treasurer. They served in those capacities until Nonnie's passing in December of 1989. Warren retired as president in January, 1990 and was succeeded by his sons, Mike and Mark.

 

Magruder Construction Co. purchased its first Mud Cat dredge in 1971, opening a new facet of its business: dredging soil, sand and sludge. Then in 1986, it added a larger dredge, the "Mary M'. In addition, we just added an even larger dredge to our fleet, the “Houston T”.

In 2012, the shareholders sold all their shares to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and the company is now 100% employee-owned. For the first time, there is no Magruder working in the company.

Warren once said: "we attribute our success in this industry to the pride our employees take in their work and the involvement of the company in community service.” This holds true now more than ever given that every employee is now an owner.

A Proud History of Achievement

Now 100% Employee-Owned

Quality is assured because our reputation is on every project!